September 9, 2013

Monterey Bay Aquarium Trip | Monterey, Ca

Who said Monday couldn't be a fun day? I spent the beginning of the week with a day trip to Monterey to check out the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I honestly don't remember the last time I was here, but it was probably in grade school. The aquarium was beautiful and fascinating although we did stop in a bit late, so we did miss a good portion of feedings and showings.

I'm so grateful to be able to view such great natural views and to see so many species of marine life. The jellyfish were so mesmerizing and were my absolute favorite exhibit next to the "Open Ocean" which included a tank of Yellow Fin Tuna, Sea Turtles, Manta Rays, Sardines, Bonito and Hammerhead Sharks.

 


 


 



As the aquarium came to a close, we decided to dine in at the infamous Bubba Gump's Shrimp Co. for some seafood as we worked up an appetite. I thought it was delicious and there's nothing like eating and enjoying drinks while looking at the view of the Monterey Bay, so beautiful.
It was such a nice way to spend my day out of my usual habitat and to see endless species that live in our coastal waters. I think we forget that there's more to our world than ourselves and seeing our impact on our ocean life definitely brings about more awareness.

2 comments:

  1. I think the bay is very beautiful >w< I haven't gotten a chance to go yet though, and your meal looks so yummy *-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surely is, I hope you get a chance to visit some time Ria! ^-^

      Delete